Monday, July 30, 2007

Glad I don't own a gun/work in a post office

I fulfilled my civic duty this weekend by consuming mass quantities of quinine as to avoid picking up and then spreading malaria amongst the masses. I also made sure the stimulate the economy by purchasing ridiculously overpriced spirits mixed in with said quinine. Well, I didn't actually pay for one damn thing myself but someone did and overall I believe I am the model American right now.

More on that later.

I am too fucking pissed right now to see straight. At my job they have already started a rumor that I don't have another job to go to, that I was doing a shitty job all along and then one of the fucking C bitch whore motherfucking piece of shit slut managers made a lovely comment about how they wouldn't be getting much of anything out of me this week.

EXCUSE ME?

FUCK YOU

I worked my ASS off for you ungrateful motherfuckers for THREE FUCKING YEARS and I have been busting my ass this weekend (Yes, I worked BOTH DAYS) to ensure that everything I have to do gets fucking done before I leave. I have been nothing but mature and gracious and kind about leaving and have gone out of my way to be friendly, accommodating and nice.

I know I have to take the high road but seriously? So Fucking ready to walk the fucking hell out of this place right now. Too bad I am too broke to do it. Damnit. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Am I doing the right thing by leaving here with my head held high? I'm sorry, but I'm human, and the thought of continuing to bust my ass for this place, even if it is only another week, is really getting me down. At this point I can hardly see the reason to do anything; If I work my ass off, as I've pointed out to you all before, it won't make a lick of difference because those motherfuckers won't give one ounce of credit for what I did nor will they use any of it. If I don't do anything I am fulfilling their prophecy. FUCK! I am so happy to be getting out of here. I want so bad to walk right out, right now, and never come back. But I can't, right? Aren't I supposed to be mature about this?

Am I? It is a small enough town that I shouldn't go burning bridges, right? I need to know that I am doing the right thing by not packing up my bags and walking right out the fucking door right now, because I'm just not sure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just stick by your guns, do the stuff you said you would do and keep your head down. The people who need to know will figure out soon enough that you took care of your own work and that the problem children are the problem. Because once you've gone they'll either have to pick up the slack or it will all come crashing down around their ears and your true worth will become shiningly clear. Either way, they're not going to be your problem any more.

But don't you dare give them thank you notes after this. Except the people who really do deserve them. It's not necessary. And the problem children really aren't worth the effort.

Eris said...

Okay, you're right. No more thank you cards.

Fuck heads.

*huge sigh*

chollyson said...

As someone who once told an ex-boss to "fuck off," I can honestly it doesn't make you feel any better. You just sort of feel like an ass.

I know it's hard though, to not bust some very deserving heads, but hang in there. You're almost done with this assholes FOREVER!!

Eris said...

Chollyson: Yes, you're right. Telling them to fuck off won't accomplish anything. Damnit.

So@24 said...

I am going through this EXACT dilemma as we speak. It's so similar, it's actually kind of freaking me out.

But I live in LA... and I can't step on the wrong toes. You never know what could happen in the future.

savia said...

Fuck them in the ear. Good for you for being a class act. None of this will matter once you're out of that place. Congratulations!!