Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ever have the week where

Your can breaks down and winds up costing you $600.00 you absolutely, in no way, shape, manner or form had?

You get news that a job you had been literally praying for, took the recruitment test for, and have thought about every day for over a month, has lost funding and therefore won’t be hiring?

You realize that you are down to less than a handful of friends and you truly have no idea how pathetic or stupid you could have been to get there? I mean, after awhile you can only blame so much on people just drifting before you begin to realize that maybe there is something horribly, massively, wretchedly wrong with you.

You hit the wall of depression so bad it is all you can do to make it home from work and sit on your couch for five hours every night until it is time for bed?

And then

One of the few friends left informs you of her miscarriage


What are you supposed to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh shit. Dude. You sound like you're at the bottom of a deep hole and it's starting to rain.

Call one of the friends you've drifted from (that you definitely want back in your life) and just see how they're doing. If you can, meet them out. I think you need to get yourself off the couch and back in society. I know it's easy to sit on the couch and watch tv (so no judging), but maybe you could even just have someone over to watch with you. That'd be fun, right? I think you've gotten in a rut (with work especially) and you need to have some fun/get out.

Please?

I'm sorry for your friend and her miscarriage, the job falling through and the depression. If big cyberhugs help, then I'm sending you 100s.

savia said...

You are not alone, trust me. Read this: http://willowsweb.net/updates.htm

Anonymous said...

I'm pulling for you. If that helps at all. I mean, I have absolutely no contacts in your industry (except you). Or your city (except you). But I'm rooting foryou 100%. Which isn't remotely helpful, but I do care about you.