Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Humiliating Confession Time

I really, really, really love this song: Poker Face by Lady Gaga (if the link doesn't work just YouTube the title).

Seriously.

LOVE.

It makes me want to fashion my hair into a bow and dance around my living room like a crazy person.

It makes me want to wear a one shoulder black latex jumpsuit to work.

It makes me want to find my best pair of granny panties, pair them with high heels, and rock a night out on the town.

My friends, I have lost my mind, and it has a soundtrack.

Now, I know what you are thinking. You look to me as a discerning woman of musical taste. You know that I find pop repellent, injurious to true creativity and an insult to the intelligence of humanity. You know that I strive to seek out creative musicians and albums produced by people who love the art and are trying to express more than their famewhoring needs to gyrate to synth pop. But, oh, Gob. Do I love this song.

Muh Muh Muh Muh Mah Poker Face
Muh Muh Muh Muhhhhhhh

And I really kind of dig the singer too....

She's not traditionally pretty but there is a charisma about her that is stunning. She studied all the "real" musical artists at music school and her name is a derivative of a Bowie reference. Singer aside the song has invaded my soul and is pumping through my bloodstream.

I plan to spend the evening fashioning all of my bedsheets into this rocking leotard/hood combo:



Bonus, I totally got a digital camera for Christmas so I'll be able to share my sewing endeavor with you! And hey, if you happen to have yards of spandex laying around please send it to me...I need it. For my poker face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is on her legs? I can't tell if those are lacy pantyhose or a desperate need for an exfoliating scrub.

Don't feel bad about loving a cheesy song. It's really okay. One of my secret pleasures is Desperately Seeking Susan. (I can't believe I just told the world that.)