Monday, January 19, 2009

Awesome. I have back fat now.

I went for a walk yesterday. Re: Weight Loss that WILL happen, gobdamnit, I am tired of this being a focal point, so I can get the hell on with whatever the rest of my stupid life is supposed to be.

I had to do something I've never done before...I had to keep the top of my fat pants closed by double looping a hair tie around the button because I couldn't even get them zipped half way.

Yes, Yes. The humiliation.

I knew it was getting bad when I couldn't fit into any of my work pants for the last several weeks. I've been getting away with wearing jeans that have stretch in them since before any holidays and though my job can be warehouse work associated I don't think it is super professional to take advantage of that and wear jeans every day. Even the one pair of work pants that are usually my go to "oh girl why'd you eat 4 churros and the supreme nachos today" pants they too won't quite zip up anymore.

So.

Yeah.

Walk time. The walk was lovely and brisk and cold and rejuvenating and hurt the ever living hell out of my neck. I can hardly move today. I didn't wash my hair today because arms over shoulders was a painful proposition. I see a chiropractor once a week, am in strength rehab three times a week, have a doc note excusing me from lifting so much as four pieces of paper at once AND I'm still taking muscle relaxers daily to help with the spasming. It has been over nine months now and while I know the prognosis was at least six months to a year I was hoping for more like the six month option.

In the meantime I have no idea how to lost weight without substantial movement. In October, for my tropical boyfriend funded getaway, I had lost the weight primarily through calorie restriction and excruciating visits with the elliptical machine. I think I gained 5 pounds back just eating the pretzel bag on the plane as my body was so confused about carbs. Whereas that was nice I want to see actual, honest, long term lifetime weight loss that I maintain without woe. And without home liposuction machines.

How is 2009 weighing up for you?

No comments: