Sunday, March 1, 2009

Important Weight Loss Note

When working on weight loss do not , I repeat, DO NOT, weigh yourself more than every two weeks. If you can go longer that is much, much better, but in the very least WAIT TWO WEEKS.

Your weight varies so much day to day that you will drive yourself crazy and wind up miserable and even sabotage yourself.

I didn't take my own advice, weighed myself yesterday, saw that I was up FIVE POUNDS and basically ruined my whole day. Today? Those five pounds? Totally gone. Idiot. From henceforth I am only weighing myself on the two week weight in day and at NO OTHER TIME. It would be craziness to do otherwise.

2 comments:

The CEO said...

Great post!

Plan your work; work your plan.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Anonymous said...

Exactly.

I'm sort of back in the land of the living now--though I've got TONS of grading to do by tomorrow--so I'll be catching up on your more recent posts soon.